Monday, August 4, 2008

The sun will come out tomorrow?

So, I have had several blogs before and, ultimately, I forget about them or lose my password. Great job, Austen girl :-P I can't promise this one will be different but I can certainly try.

Now, the reason I am starting a blog today is that I'm jet-setting to Virginia for a week tomorrow and I want to let everyone know what's going on. It is only a week and if I had thought about it, I might have started earlier this summer when I was in Washington D.C. for two and a half weeks and Durango for a week. Whatever...I'm starting now.


I'm in the middle of packing and I feel a bit melancholy as I write. Although I've enjoyed all of my travels this summer, I've discovered that I'm definitely a homebody. I like my schedule, I like my roots, and I like knowing. I think I cried three different times today for random reasons. First, I cried twice at work whenever I thought about going a week without seeing my family, my rats, Tajshen, Doug, and my bed (not in that particular order). Then, I went to lunch with my dad and we had a fantastic talk (in case you didn't know, my dad is the GREATEST!!!). I thought I was fine, came back to the house and lounged on the couch listening to my iPod. Strangely enough, "My Heart Will Go On" came on from "shuffle" mode and I started to cry again. No clue why! I expect I will probably cry later tonight, much as I try to shut the waterworks valve off. The emotions still flow...

On the bright side, I think I will have a good time. Really. It rains all the time in VA, which makes me smile, and I'm going to Busch Gardens for the first time. The heat and humidity might kill me but the hotel has AIR CONDITIONING!!!!! Sweetness! I really hate airports and flying so once my feet hit the Virginia soil, I'll feel a whole lot better.

Until then, everybody. I'm going to miss you like crazy.

Ooops, don't start the tears again...

No comments: